Each day includes morning coffee break and a lunch break. Classes may run late depending on the amount of material to be covered.
We have a few ways in which you can participate:
Lecture Day only.
- Lecture Day + Cadaver Day
- All 3 days.
- 'Returning Geeks' can take any clinic again FOR FREE! You just pay for your cadaver feet (1 or 2).
- Discussion of the Horse and the Foot (diet, environment, hoof care, etc.)
- Anatomy, Structure and Function
- Hoof mechanism
- External and Internal Hoof relationships
- Evaluating hoof health/ Evaluating Lameness / reading the hoof capsule
- Hoof mapping: finding the external landmarks and comparison to internal anatomy
- The basic trim
- Hoof pathologies and how to address them
- Assessing the horse
- Demo - Taking meaningful hoof pictures
- Review hoof pathology
- Overview of trimming tools
- Cadaver trim demo
- Assessing your cadaver hoof, mapping, formulating a plan
- Trimming your cadaver hoof
- Dissection demo
- Demo - Taking meaningful hoof pictures on a live horse
- How teeth affect feet