Do you need to board your horse?
More and more horses are experiencing hoof problems these days, many of which could be avoided by following a more natural approach to hoof care. Know Hoof, Know Horse has never been more true.
This hoof trimming clinic offers you the chance to learn about hooves and barefoot hoof care, including how to perform a maintenance trim on your own horse.
Navicular, Laminitis and Insulin Resistance are on the increase but this clinic will teach you many ways in which you can lower the risks (and lessen vet bills!) for your horse.
You will learn the best methods of horse keeping that allow your horse to be healthier, happier and fitter.
AS OF 2019 WE ARE CHANGING OUR CLINIC DAYS
Please note instead of our FRIDAY-SUNDAY format we are switching to SATURDAY-MONDAY to better accommodate our clinic participants.
Deadline for payment: January 31, 2019
Participants can attend Saturday only, Saturday+Sunday or all 3 days.
Max. 15 participants for full registration (all 3 days)
$425 -- Full registration 3 Days - bring your horse**
$300 -- Lecture Day (day 1) - we will accommodate as many people as space will allow
$325 -- Cadaver Day (day 2) - attend lecture day + this day as well and trim 2 cadaver feet
3-Day Clinic Outline
+ SATURDAY LECTURE DAY
- Discussion of the Horse and the Foot (diet, environment, hoof care, etc.)
- Anatomy, Structure and Function
- Hoof mechanism
- External and Internal Hoof relationships
- Evaluating hoof health/ Evaluating Lameness / reading the hoof capsule
- Hoof mapping: finding the external landmarks and comparison to internal anatomy
- The basic trim
- Hoof pathologies and how to address them
- Assessing the horse
- Demo - Taking meaningful hoof pictures
+ SUNDAY CADAVER DAY
- Review hoof pathology
- Overview of trimming tools
- Cadaver trim demo
- Assessing your cadaver hoof, mapping, formulating a plan
- Trimming your cadaver hoof
- Dissection demo
- Demo - Taking meaningful hoof pictures on a live horse
- How teeth affect feet
+ MONDAY TRIMMING DAY
- Assessing your horse, mapping, formulating a plan
- Trimming your horse’s hooves!
There will be a morning coffee break and a lunch break.
Classes may run late depending on the amount of material to be covered.
Tools you should have for the in-class trimming include rasp, hoof knife, knife sharpener, gloves and a hoof pick. Nippers, chaps and a hoof stand are NOT a requirement, but if you have them bring them. We will have tools and stands available for use and for sale as well.
It is recommended you wear steel-toed shoes or work boots and jeans for the hands-on trimming portion of the class.
PAY AND REGISTER
OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS: If you don't wish to pay online you may also do one of the following:
send etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
call us to pay with a credit card 204-771-5335
send a check - made payable to Hoof Geeks - 292 McPhillips Rd. St. Andrews MB R1A 3E4
If you are choosing one of these options please register with this form.