We've found that Handy Hay Nets slow feeder hay bags are the best quality out there.
The trailer sized bag holds 1-2 flakes and is great for travelling, small animals, or when you want to have multiple feeding stations set up around the property to keep your animals moving.
Available in 0.5", 1.0", 1.5". 2" netting size is a special order. Please email us here.
**We cannot recommend the 0.5" size hole for horses**
This bag comes with the hanging ring option, allowing you to hang your net for freestanding feeding in muddy or snowy conditions.
NOTE all our bags come with BLACK tie string installed. If you prefer another colour you can order the colour of replacement rope you like HERE. Different coloured strings work GREAT in horse boarding facilities and barns.
The tie string is very easy to untie in freezing weather on all Handy Hay Nets bags.
Benefits for your animals
- Better for digestion as it slows down the amount animals can consume PER MINUTE but is FREE CHOICE and prevents bloat and colic.
- Simulates grazing helping to release endorphins from chewing, which keeps hindgut bacterial flora happy and healthy.
- Obese horses will eat less but still have access to food all day.
- Alleviates the boredom and STRESS that can lead to ulcers, colic in horses, bloat in ruminants AND stops wood chewing, manure eating, etc.
- No more bullying in the herd at feeding time. Calmer animals = happier herds!
- Slow feeding regulates insulin levels for horses with metabolic syndrome.
- Helps prevent choke in horses.
Benefits for you!
- No more wasted hay.
- Save up to 50% in hay costs!
- No more rushing home to feed, or getting up at the crack of dawn because animals are hungry and calling!
- Your horse is ready to be ridden at any time, saving precious time before a show/event.
- Pre-load your Handy Hay Nets so feeding time is quick and easy.
- No more pushy/aggressive animals at feeding time.
- Need to soak your hay to reduce sugar content? No problem, just fill and submerge.